Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Heart Conversation with the Father

Wanting to go higher and deeper with the one who first loved me so,
Yet afraid of falling from His lovingkindness, mercy, and grace,
But realizing to that His love is so everlasting, pure, and true,
As I lay here quietly,
It is as though in my mind I can see,
The Father standing at the door of my heart,
Softly knocking and gently calling my name,
While hoping I would just let Him in,
Knowing in my mind He's a gentlemen and wont force himself on me,
All the while just wanting a yes,
Then it was as if I heard him say to me,
"My precious one, you don't have to hide beneath your worries, doubt, low self esteem, depression, and fear,
Because as you know I was once naked just like you and went through much suffering, agony, and pain,
Just to save you, set you free, and break down those walls and barriers that for so long kept you from me"
And with tears in my eyes I looked up and said "Father I'm scared to get close to you because I don't want you to ever leave me"
He looked at me with transparent sparkles in His eyes full of love and care and said,
"I will never leave you nor forsake you and my love for you is deeper than the oceans seas,
With this promise please my child take as true,
that I will always be with you even until this world down here called earth is done,
Then I will take you to your real home in the sky where all your worries, fears, and doubts of this world will be forgotten and left behind,
" So with that I finally stopped hiding under false securies and shame and said,
"Thank You Jesus, I love you, and welcome in".

© Crystal Robinson 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment